Whole Foods Market is now open in Uptown Charlotte at 400 East Stonewall Street, located at the Stonewall Station LYNX light rail stop. This morning shoppers were greeted with an array of product demonstrations and samples.
“We’re excited to join Uptown Charlotte’s vibrant community with the opening of our new Whole Foods Market in the heart of the booming financial and cultural hub” Mark Frost, the Store Team Leader said. “The new store, designed with its dynamic location in mind, will feature many locally-sourced and seasonal products that meet our high quality standards.”
“Whether you come to meet a friend for a drink before a show at the Spectrum Center, enjoy a quick, healthy lunch from the hot bar or stock up on locally-grown seasonal produce, the store will be a new gathering place for the community.”
Every item sold in the store meets Whole Foods Market’s rigorous quality standards and is free of artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, preservatives and hydrogenated fats, the company said.
The over 36,000 square-foot store includes:
- FUEL, an in-house venue serving Allegro coffee, six beers and cold brew on tap and a lunch and dinner menu.
- A large prepared foods section that includes a taqueria, Genji sushi and made to order sandwich stations in addition to Whole Foods Market’s traditional salad and hot bars.
- Full-service meat and seafood departments that feature Global Animal Partnership 5 Step Animal Welfare rated meat and sustainable seafood.
- In-house specialties including: rotating flavors of gelato, deep dish & hand-tossed pizza and dry-aged ribeye & New York strip steaks.
- Curated wine and beer selection – including over 90 local brews— and a wide variety of international, national and local cheeses.
- Assorted local products including grass-fed beef from Hickory Nut Gap Farm in Fairview, NC and seasonal organic produce from Eastern Carolina Organics in Durham, NC.
Whole Foods Market Uptown Charlotte will be hiring approximately 150 team members for positions throughout the store. Interested candidates should visit wholefoodsmarket.com/careers to apply.