Project 658 is bringing together some of Charlotte’s best pastry chefs for the third annual Sugar Shock, a 6-course tasting of unforgettable desserts!
The evening will begin with light hors d’oeuvres from 6:30 – 7:00 p.m. Each course will have a beverage pairing including spirits from Topo Distillery & Woody Creek Distillery. Tickets are $65 and proceeds benefit the Project 658 culinary program and community feeding project.
Sugar Shock 2018 Menu
Passed Apps by Phillip Platoni, Southminster
Cocktail Pairings by Kel Minton, Soul Gastrolounge
1. Roasted Blood Orange Roulade | Tart Cranberry Chantilly | Pecan-Honey Crumble | Grapefruit Preserves (Sam Allen, Wentworth & Fenn)
2. Lemon Mascarpone Icebox Cake | Hazelnut Shortbread | Lemon Curd | Mascarpone Custard | Pomegranite Preserves | Candied Thyme (Justin Burke-Samson, Kindred & Hello Sailor)
3. Almond | Hibiscus | Honey | Mint (Brigitte Oger, Craft Cakes CLT & Southminster)
4. Goat Cheese | Spiced Muscadine | Rye Crisp | Mustard Greens (Alyssa Wilen Chef Alyssa’s Kitchen)
5. Chocolate & Strawberries in Textures (Miranda Brown, The Asbury)
6. Cocktail Inspired Mignardise | Bloody Mary | Amaretto Sour | Strawberry Margarita | Mojito | Dark Russian (Jossie Perlmutter & Gabija Vecci, Sweet Affairs & La Piccola Gabbia)
The 658 Center
Monday, Jan. 29